**The 2014 Sussex County, DE FACES Grant Cycle is now closed. Grant winners will be announced in May.** Founded in 2000 in Delaware, FACES stands for "Freeman Assists Communities with Extra Support." Our belief is that too often, it is the major nonprofit organizations with visibility and ample support that win donors' attention. The FACES program is designed to find and fund the smaller, overlooked projects in our neighborhoods – and our grants are limited to nonprofit organizations with operating budgets of $500,000 or less in Sussex County, DE, or $750,000 or less in Montgomery County, MD. The FACES program also utilizes a volunteer advisory board composed of community leaders who evaluate grant applications and recommend funding choices. The FACES advisory board provides a unique insight into community needs and priorities, and allows us to support projects that are most important to the community.
Organizations eligible to apply for grants must meet the following criteria:
- Beneficiaries must be an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization or public agency specifically serving the residents of our funding areas.
- Organizations applying in Montgomery County must have an operating budget of $750,000 or less.
- Organizations applying in Sussex County must have a budget of $500,000 or less for Sussex County programming.
Grants will not be distributed to:
- Political associations or candidates.
- Organizations that would disperse the funding to others.
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability or national origin.
- In Montgomery County, organizations must be based in the county to be eligible for funding.
- In Sussex County, organizations may apply if based in other counties, but 100% of the funding must be used to serve residents of Sussex County.